Principles: The Coalition is fighting back by working to affirm, protect and expand these principles which are fundamental to a living democracy:
- That the rights protected by the Constitution and enumerated in the Bill of Rights are the rights of natural persons and not of corporations and other artificial entities.
- That, although money can facilitate speech, its use is not, in and of itself, speech within the meaning of the First Amendment and can be regulated.
- That corporations and other artificial entities are subject to regulation by the people through the legislative process so long as the regulations are consistent with the powers of Congress and do not limit the freedom of the press.
- That government can require disclosure of, limit, and regulate all election contributions and expenditures.
- That the ordinary citizen has a fair opportunity for his or her political views to be heard by creating a level playing field in election spending.